My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dearskysteward.com/
and update your bookmarks.

The Eastern Shore of Maryland; a Gem with Jetiquette

I enjoyed an incredibly relaxing weekend in Easton, MD on the Eastern Shore. Being originally from the Washington, D.C. area, we often traveled to Ocean City, Maryland to enjoy the beach; bypassing Easton as we drove east. I was very excited about visiting this well preserved 18th Century town about 2 hours out of Washington. I arrived at my lovely rental home about 5 miles from Easton on the beautiful Miles River in the late afternoon. The home, Willows on the Miles, had 6 bedrooms, a view, and every imaginable comfort.

The rentals are handled by Eastern Shore Vacation Rentals; offering a collection of fine rentals for as little as two nights and rates are extremely reasonable. Luckily I rented a GPS from the rental car company because I would have never found my weekend home due to its--off the beaten path--location. Once inside, I felt I could spend my entire visit to Easton inside this alluring home. Comfy sofas and flat screen TVs were placed strategically throughout the home calling out to the couch potato in me. I gave in and enjoyed myself; nibbling on the goodies that were loaded into a scrumptious gift basket left by the staff of Eastern Shore Vacations. The basket was created by Town & Country located in Easton and included something special I want to share with you; Shuckers Seasoned Pecans by the Blue Crab Bay Company.

In the evening, I had the pleasure of visiting the Inn at 202 Dover; a splendidly renovated Victorian-era 19th Century mansion. This luxury B&B is owned by Ron and Shelby Mitchell, a retired D.C. Power-Couple, who've put their passion for luxury travel to use; providing warm, gracious hospitality to others. The inn has spacious, tastefully decorated suites; each with its own theme. I was treated to a tour of the inn by Ron Mitchell himself and was able to visit the French, Asian, and Safari Suites! Which plush suite to choose? All 5 suites in this boutique inn are designed for upscale comfort from start to finish; as are the common areas. The Mitchell's themselves are incredibly charming hosts that make you feel welcomed without being the least bit overbearing.

Following the tour, I was taken to a table with a view of the garden in the elegant Peacock Restaurant off of the lobby. I had an opportunity to meet Chef Jorge Alvarez, the Cordon Bleu trained Head Chef of Peacock. He has put together a marvelous contemporary American menu. I was delighted with my Georgia Salad with sun-ripened peaches and my Oregon Wild Caught Salmon. Although satisfied, I knew it would be worth it to try the Chocolate Souffle and I was right!

Thank you to Eastern Shore Vacation Rentals for making my trip to the Eastern Shore so fantastic. This company truly has Jetiquette!

One Response to "The Eastern Shore of Maryland; a Gem with Jetiquette"

Anonymous said... @ August 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Yes, he is a talented cook, but you need to check your credentials on Chef Jorge Alvarez. He never attended Cordon Bleu. Check any of the achievements listed on his resume and you will find a glorious list of lies. In fact, his criminal record stretches from Florida to Christchurch, New Zealand to Ashville, North Carolina to Oxford, Maryland and who knows where else. He is a diagnosed pathological liar who has fooled people with his charming personality. Consider yourself fooled by a professional sociopath.

Post a Comment