Cobbler's Cove on Barbados; a Resort with Jetiquette
If your mind is drifting to thoughts of a quiet vacation away from it all, but with all of the essential luxuries and comforts, I have found the place. I recently had the opportunity to visit an extraordinary resort on the West Indian island of Barbados. Cobbler’s Cove is a lovely Oceanside resort made up of lush gardens and 40 suites. Upon arrival, the gracious staff, all of whom definitely have Jetiquette, welcomed me with a beverage of my choice and a cold towel. As I stood at the front desk of the intimate lobby, I got my first glimpse of the enchanting gardens leading from the lobby to the centerpiece of the resort, a charming English country house.
I was taken to my spacious ocean view suite that was very well appointed and immaculate! The open design of the suites allows you to enjoy the gardens and take in the entrancing breeze that flows from the sea as you relax on one of the chaise lounges on your terrace. Each suite boasts a large sitting room, generous-sized bedroom, marble bath, and even a small, but well equipped kitchenette and fully stocked mini bar. In the main house, there are two deluxe suites that offer additional space, privacy, and spectacular views. They feature their own plunge pools and private sun-decks.This charming resort is only made more special by the hospitality extended by its staff. During each and every encounter, I was greeted with a warm smile and caring service. The staff even includes its own fisherman, Barker, which proudly displays his daily catch for guests to view.
Cobbler’s Cove is a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux Collection and does not disappoint when it comes to cuisine. Executive Chef Brian Porteus and his staff create such delectable menus; your plans to try other restaurants of Barbados may be put on hold. At dinner, I savored a scrumptious warm organic mozzarella salad with glazed beet root, and caramelized onions followed by the Mahi Mahi, pan seared with a banana and pineapple chutney. Absolutely sinful!
Understated elegance surrounds you at this island hideaway. Their clientele, mainly British and very upscale, is made up of many return guests who respect the peace of tranquility of others. Throughout my visit, I was expecting to turn the corner and come face to face with a member of the Royal Family. The hotel is expertly managed by its owner Randall Wilkie who has put together an extremely professional and unobtrusive staff.
I will be returning to Cobbler’s Cove at my earliest opportunity. Only this time, I may not return home.



One Response to "Cobbler's Cove on Barbados; a Resort with Jetiquette"
Ooh, I want to be you when I grow up! This resort looks absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the review; it is now on my list of places to stay.
Post a Comment